A computer which displays a 1706 Error can be fixed via reinstalling or upgrading Windows Installer, reinstalling or upgrading software in use, applying registry cleaners and deleting temporary files.
A most frustrating thing to happen to a PC owner is to find errors on his computer. He moans and wonders how he can solve the problems. However, while such errors can be of varied kinds, a major one is the 1706 Computer Error, which’s the short form of Windows Installer Error 1706. This error is related to Microsoft software and it appears on the computer screen while loading a Windows application.
Some reasons responsible for the occurrence and display of the ‘1706 Error’ are:
- Inability of Windows Installer for locating the source folder for executing the installment.
- While attempting at executing the setup via CD-ROM, the Windows Installer asking for software installation files’ source location.
- Original installing of software for which the setup is tried executing via network administrative loading that’s no more found on the user’s computer.
- When canceling the dialog box, the installer asking for the way for accessing the user’s CD.
- Lastly, while loading software patches as well as other low rated upgrades onto the computer, the 1706 Error may occur.
An extremely irritating Windows error, the Windows Installer Error 1706 can’t be corrected via a plain computer restart. Thus the different methods to fix this offensive fault in order to continue experiencing a fast computer are:
1) Reinstalling Windows Installer or upgrading it. A user can take down Windows Installer (latest version) directly from the download site of Microsoft. In case of using a previous version, if it is upgraded, the software may be instantly repaired. Moreover, following installation, a restart of the computer should be carried out that will finally solve the problem.
2) Reinstalling the said software or upgrading it. One possibility is that the 1706 Computer Error may happen within just one software program. However, by uninstalling that software as well as reinstalling it or loading its newer version, the problem can be corrected and the fast computer restored.
3) Using registry cleaner software. Any damaged configurations that slow down your computer or prevent it from performing properly and thus result in the generation of the 1706 Error can be rectified with this software. In fact, running registry cleaner tools is extremely beneficial when users desire to have their fast computers work in the earlier smooth manner.
4) Removing temporary files. Although this mayn’t necessarily set all problems right, still it is suggested that documents or files inside the temp directory be cleared. For, they not only cause certain troubles, but in case they keep piling up while don’t get removed automatically, there can be worse troubles. The files are created via different software that has merely temporary usage therefore; they should at best be deleted. By going to start menu and clicking “Disk Cleanup,” such temporary directories can be cleaned.
Thus, the above techniques can be beneficial for fixing a Windows Installer Error 1706 that may appear on the screen of a user’s computer, and thereby lead him to feel happy once again
We think you'd also like: